Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

It's chilly here.  For the first time, in a long time, we had to leave Jasmine at home, while running errands, due to the frigid temps.  Poor Jazzy.

The weather forecasters have been predicting snow in our area today.  Can you see it?

Photobucket

How about now?
Photobucket

Maybe if you squint really hard?

Photobucket

I don't see it either.

Oh, wait. We did manage to get this for a few minutes.

Photobucket

Lil'-bitty ice pellets.  That melted within 1 minute.  Nator says it's shredded hail.

All of my northern friends can feel sorry for us now.  We, too, have been touched by the frozen tundra. 

I know.  I know.  It's nothing like DK's experience last week in NY...


Photobucket

He was kind enough to send us his adventures.  Here are a couple...

Photobucket
Photobucket

But still.  We had SHREDDED HAIL.  ;)

With crazy wind gusts, it was fr-fr-fr-frEEzing in NY.  Honestly, I wouldn't be a fan of having to navigate the logistics of getting around in the snow {or "snirt" = snow + dirt} on a daily basis, especially with kids.  For an entire season.

Vacationing?  Absolutely.  Well, minus the dirt in 'snirt' part.  ha.

So far, we'll just have to live our big-snow-adventures through hubs.  He's experienced more than enough for all 4 of us.  Seriously.

Who knows?  We may get an inch of snow tonight.  Nator is hoping for a late white-Christmas-wish-come-true.

Our girls will keep you posted.  They have been checking the window every 3 to 5 minutes.

Yes.  Seriously.

11 comments:

  1. Aw! I love how kids have no concern for 'snirt'; they just want to frolic and play in a winter wonderland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just made me smile! If I could, I would send you some of our snow.

    I have a quick question for you. How were you able to get the SITS button on your site? I have tried and tried to put in on mine, and it just won't work. Am I missing a trick to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that feeling oh so well, and the feeling of being in so much snow you curse it all.

    We just are never quite happy with the weather we live in on a daily basis. It is the fun extraordinary weather that we love.

    I am hoping for snow for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's weird that all this weather is going south of us this time; earlier in the week it was all north. It's probably a good thing: we only have 2 snow days left, and we've added 2 more by going to school Presidents' Day and the day after that.
    Hope y'all got a little bit, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like a snow day when you're a kid. We're supposed to get more tomorrow. Can I just tell you that thought does not excite me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They weater people predicted we'd get a ton, but all we got was about 6-8 inches. Now enough to snow us in, like they said. But the wind was enough to keep us in. Brutal!! It's frustrating to shovel, only to have the snow blow righ back. Grrr... Hope you get more snow!! If not, come up and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I"M FREEZING THIS MORNING!!!! Just thought you might like to know! :) Dreaming of a beach somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I've always lived in the Frozen Tundra, so I can't imagine life with no snow!

    I hope your girls get their wish at least once this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am usually wishing for snow but even I've had enough this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am telling you I have enough snow for you. Send those girls my way and we'll have a grand 'ol time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were driving when the shredded hail hit. It lasted for NEARLY 2 minutes.

    The excitement never ends. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}