Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Story

Welcome to our blog!  We're so glad you stopped by.

My name is "H-Mama"... What can I say?  That's what happens when you let a 7 and 9 year old name the family for blog purposes.  

I believe in God and family as a high priority.

I am the wife to an ever witty, charming and talented DK {the girls thought it fitting to call daddy by his most used Wii character, Donkey Kong}. We first met on a college campus while I was a senior in high school.  A year later, best friends became engaged... Then he robbed the cradle kissed the bride.

What can I say?  I have a weakness for smart, funny guys with guitars.  It's been 19 years and counting... {Yes, we were 12 in case you were wondering.}

We served in 'church' ministry for many years; pastoring was our last adventure.  We resigned in 2006.  It was one of the hardest decisions, but one of the best choices we ever made for our family.  Our focus is simply being the church.  I have a feeling that I've yet to even scratch the surface of the knowledge and love of Christ.

I'm a mother to two girlie girls.  Gracie {a name we actually call her quite often} is now 10 and wants to be a ballet teacher, fashion designer or artist.   A-Nator {we never call her that} is 12.  She loves science, reading, math, and until recently, wanted to run for president. 

2009

Our journey with infertility reminds us how truly blessed we are to have these girlies.  If this heartbreak touches you or your family, my heart goes out to you.

We homeschool.  It wasn't something we always had in mind, but it works out great for our family.  {for more on how our journey began, you're welcome to read here.}  This does not mean that my writing will be error free. {so go easy on me}

We adopted Jasmine from a rescue organization in July of 2008.  {shhhh! don't tell her she's a dog;  she won't believe you.}  Believed to have been previously abused, it didn't take her long to adjust to the good life.  She's a great dog, but not perfect... as I may lead you to believe in most of her posts. ;)  Cesar Millan has helped me tremendously!  {yes, I know him personally. maybe... okay, maybe my dog-sitter has met him.}

Bella and Beau have wiggled their way into our hearts, as well.  I believe every lap needs a cat.

Feel free to stick around.   We always enjoy seeing who took the time to visit.... So, leave a comment and I'll be sure to come "see" you as well.

The main purpose of this blog is to document our journey for the girls, but I have enjoyed meeting some new blog friends along the way.

If you're interested in reading more, {yes, there's lots more! ha!} read: