Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm craving Lucky Charms {Random 12}

I'm {finally} linking up with Linda again for another Random Dozen!  I started to say that I've missed being random, but sometimes that's my middle name.  ;)  Feel free to link up and join in the randomness.


1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
Maybe a 1.  I'm really not superstitious... and get tickled by people who are passionate about their superstitions.  Now if a black cat walked under my ladder, I might question it, only because my cat is not black.  ;)

2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe? 

A most recent one??  I would have to say... surviving an emotional roller-coaster yesterday, compliments of a certain 8 year old.  When it was over, I rewarded myself for staying calm during the meltdown with the 2 remaining chocolate turtles hidden in the freezer.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  Other than that, I would have to say our trip to New York.  It was fast and furious... and seemingly so long ago.  I am {so} overdue a vacation!  {Although, New York is not necessarily a 'relaxing' get-a-way... but fun!}  I'll take an adventure too.  It all sounds great right now! 

3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?

You're assuming that I have a set schedule?  I can be found blogging at different times, depending on each day's tasks.

4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?

Hmmm... the most recent thing that comes to mind is the Jonas Brothers concert we took the girls to.  The rodeo posted the concert time 2 hours before the concert actually started.  Technically, this answer doesn't fit since we were on time for the advertised time... not to mention the fact that it has nothing to do with Daylight Saving Time.  I tried.

5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?

More daylight, flowers, park dates and picnics.

 
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day? 
Nah... Many times I forget about that lil' detail.

7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?

The language of "tech".  When my husband has a conversation with someone else who loves all things technical, I feel as though I have landed in a foreign country.  No habla tech.  This would explain why the relationship between my TV, VCR, U-Verse, 3 remotes, and surround sound have me baffled. 

8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live? 

A lamb.  Spring is in the air.  The weather has been beautiful, but they are predicting lots of rain for Nator's birthday park party.  Boooo!

9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?
I would like to think that I would be refining my status as a Proverbs 31 woman, but truthfully, I'd probably be reading via internet.  That's productively educational right??  ;)

10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?

If I'm going to dream, it may as well be big, right?  I'd say... my dream home on a great piece of property, someplace where the seasons are truer.  In the meantime, I would settle for taking the family on a few vacations. :)

11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.

My girls - Their smiles are contagious.
Homeschool Curriculum - I'm truly thankful to spend time with my girls every day, witnessing their 'light bulb moments.'
Cool glass of water - I can't help but think of so many who go without.
Camera - I only wish I'd had this beauty sooner!
iPhone - It's not a necessity, but I've really enjoyed it!
Spry Gum - Don't laugh.  It's kept me from so much unnecessary snacking.

This list could go on...  There's so much to be thankful for.  I try to remember my blessings each day and not take them for granted.

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!

"Lorna Sheehan"

8 comments:

  1. Great answer to # 11. I am with you on the tech stuff, it goes in one ear and right out the other because it royally confuses me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can count reading blogs and other things on the 'net as "reading", can't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you played along today. And glad you survived the meltdowns. And glad you had extra turtles close at hand : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your great answers. Had not heard of spry gum. I'll have to give it a try. Good Irish name too. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture of your cyclamens is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't have a blogging schedule either. actually, i don't have a schedule for anything ;)

    ahhhh the jonas brothers. i showed audrey the pics and she has asked at least 100 times when they are coming here and can we go lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid our lamb is going to morph into a crazy lion here tomorrow. Bummer! Spring was almost here!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I had to lurk and find out what "H-Mama" stood for...LOVE IT! So cute! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}