Sunday, April 8, 2012

april~week 14/366 {homeschool-slippers-parties}

here we are again.  reflecting on life's fleeting happenings of the week.  doing our best to freeze the moments, as best we can.

Photobucket

new rules were made for the 10 yo in the land of ipod.  life is better for all... but it sure comes in handy for practicing the sound of music while on the go!

Photobucket

we studied a little bit about king charlemagne.  mama determined it was time to 'just get through' history.  no writing summaries for the second half of our chapter book {sotw, middle ages}.  cheers might have come from the 10 yo. 

we also studied fashion.  well, kinda.  we shopped at justice.  cheers certainly came from the 10 yo.  stops at justice rarely happen, as we generally prefer thrift stores.  amen.  nator was mostly thankful for these soccer slippers and pj's.  crack me up.  gracie needed a new pair of jeans and some decent shorts.  growin' like weeds, i tell you.

Photobucket

nator has such an inquisitive nature. love this kiddo.

Photobucket

word roots workbook, zoology 3 apologia textbook, 2 sequential spelling workbooks, all american history vol 1 textbook, saxon algebra 1 set, teaching textbooks cds for 7th and algebra 1... all for a whopping price of $30.  from a mom who decided not to homeschool any longer.  speechless all around.

as you can see, gracie is very excited about next years curriculum of choice.  note sarcasm.  personally, nator and i can't wait to order it!  practically giddy.  secretly, i think gracie is a little excited, too. ;)

Photobucket

there were friends' birthday celebrations.  

silly, homeschool, theater kiddos.  pretty sure there were closely to 12,798 other people celebrating at this location, too.  about 13 kiddos were ours. ;)

Photobucket Photobucket

the next party included egg dying and egg hunting.
good memories for the kiddos.

i think we prove the theory wrong that one needs to send their kids to public school for the social aspects alone. hahahaha...

Photobucket

a stop at one of our favorite mexican restaurants.  yummo.  and ending the week with a night-time visit from mr. easter bunny himself.  

more fun for the kiddos. ;)

21 comments:

  1. How did you get that picture of messages on there??!! That is very cool. I love your collages...they give a glimpse into your very fun, very busy weeks. After reading, I am always inspired to take more pictures of just the girls laughing, playing and being goofy. I think my girls would have a great time with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i took a screen shot on my iphone - it saved with all my other pix. ;) thanks so much, jessica... you and your girls always look like you're having fun! ;)

      Delete
  2. Great score on the homeschool stuff!!

    My girls watch all of these fashion thrift store tours on youtube and long to shop in thrift stores...we have a few times...I am trying to get more comfortable with the idea!

    we only go to justice with a coupon!

    I took your Eleven-11 challenge today on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the secret is to find just the right one. and wash everything before it gets used. ;) shopping at justice with a coupon or storewide sale is the only way to shop justice. ha! i made that mistake the first time i shopped there b/c i had no idea they ran things 40% off all the time! yikes. i need to hop on over to your bloggy... gotta go pick up my girls right now. eek!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. captcha? i keep telling the setting 'no', but after i save and go back in... it's on 'yes'. confused. *sigh*

      Delete
  4. I think my favorite picture this week is Nator with the magnifying glass - too cute! Well, and obviously the soccer slippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At times I wish that I were home-schooled. This post made me envious. It looks like you make learning fun- not a chore- which rocks! And you go on with your bad self, and your thrifty ways. We are a lot alike in that way.

    Great FUN post! I love reading about your journey.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, i would have loved being hs-ed, too! so much fluff & distraction at public school. growing up, my favorite part was choir... so i'm trying to give my girls their own extra-curricular activities. you're too sweet... some things i ask my girls to do in schoolwork get the same response as a chore, but i try! ha! and, yes... thrifting rocks! ;)

      Delete
  6. ok, how did you get the reply feature on your blogger comments?? help?

    looks like all kinds of fun going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish i could remember... seems like it was simply in comment settings when i changed it. probably depends on which format you use for comments, too. to test it, i switched to a pop-up window & it didn't show a 'reply' button. the 'embedded' option works for me. hope that makes sense.

      Delete
    2. I will check it out! thanks!

      Delete
  7. Super cute soccer slippers!!! Great pics as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In our genealogy study we learned we are related to Charlemagne! :0) You may bow next time you see me!

    If you have time for an extra story book The Marvelous Blue Mouse is an excellent Charlemagne story!

    I have All American History volume 2! so don't go buying it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how cool is that?! ;) i'm privileged to know you, carrie.

      we'll have to look that book up... i wish i enjoyed our library. if we make it past aah vol 1, i'll be sure to contact you! ha!

      Delete
  9. ::laughing:: at Carrie's comment.

    What a great post. Every single time I read your post I just laugh and smile the entire way through. I LOVE the HS curriculum you scored! Our HS group is having a sale Friday and I am hoping I will do the same.

    I love the pics of the kids at the park and Gracie in 'jail'. ;) Do you watch "Dance Moms" It is an evil show that my child just LOVES. ::sighs:: They did a 'jail number' that the picture reminds me of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe... i love when you stop by our little online abode, karen. *crossing fingers* that you can find some great deals this week! every little bit helps. i know.

      dance moms... oh, yes. the way they talk to those poor girls is completely insane. i see therapy in their future. ;)

      Delete
  10. I always enjoy a glimpse into your life...girls grow up but that's sweet too so no worries : )

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}