Friday, September 10, 2010

Astros, a confession, and {Win}ners

I'm not a huge sports fanatic fan, but I enjoy a good Astros game... especially when I know things about the players.  You know, important stuff.  I like to know if they're married, how many children they have, favorite food, blond or brunette, and all the other lil' facts they share during a game.  No, I'm not a stalker.

Sadly, many of the players that were with the Astros from the beginning have moved on...  to others teams, that is.  There are many reasons, but apparently, you become expendable when you reach a certain age.  *ahem* 

Now, I'm {almost} back to square one.  I should write a questionnaire for the new players to fill out for fans like myself.  Inquiring minds want to know.  You know?


I put your lovely names in this fancy dish, once filled with ice cream that was inhaled at a game, long ago, I'm sure.


I wish I had a couple more books, so that everyone could have received one.  :(   That's the least I could have done for the few brave souls who volunteered to receive a book on natural hormones, right?  ;)

Three strikes and you're out.  Yeah, I said that a lot this week regarding my gym.  Sooo... I've been gym shopping.  I tweeted that I'd rather go to the dentist.  I wasn't joking.  All I ask is that they keep their equipment working, be nice to my kids, and keep the price fair.  Oi.

To make me feel better about the long story I'm sparing you {you're welcome}, hubs bought me two LARGE bags of M&Ms.  One, dark chocolate with almonds, the other is simply dark chocolate.  They were out of peanuts.  Oh, and did I mention that they were LARGE?!

After all these years, hubs still thinks I have self control when it comes to the pantry.  Pssh!  Yeah, I better decide on a gym... and quick!  Ha!

Okay... on with the winners.


First book goes to... Londa @ The Sneaky Mommy
Have you visited her yet?  She's great.  Such a sweet, positive, encouraging mama of three cuties.  You should go there.  In a minute. ;)


The second book goes to Susan D @ This Day!
She's my exercise hero.  When I grow up, I want to be like her.  Well, maybe minus the Harley.  I would probably hurt myself.  ;)


And the final book goes to Jen @ Scrapingirl!
She's a fellow homeschool mama to two little ones that keep her goin'.  Never a dull moment.  I can't relate.  At all. ;)

Congratulations, ladies!!  As soon as I get your snail-mails, I'll run to the post office for ya!

As my lovely assistant, Gracie, says, "Actually, y'all are all winners."   Really.  You are!

Pst... I'll have something to give away for the little ones soon.  Remember all those DVDs the girls handed me because they are so grown up now?  *sniff*sniff*  Yeah... some lucky bloggy follower will benefit soon.  It's bitter-sweet.  Sigh.  I should go console myself with a bag of a few M&Ms.

7 comments:

  1. M&M's are a worldwide evil weakness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I am right there with ya, when it comes to sports and the important stats...I mean facts...Actually, I will watch a sports game, only if I know someone playing on the team or have learned more about them (like in a movie, of their growing up, home, family, etc).
    And yummm on the M&Ms! (Love M&Ms and KitKats!) And at least you are eating the dark chocolate ones...being that dark chocolate is healthier, right? I will eat any and all :o)


    Congratulations on the winners :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    thank you for stopping by :o) And for your sweet comment...I am finally able to do some blog reading...hope to get my next post up today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. M&Ms and self control.....water and oil!!! :)

    Ok Friend, do you live near Houston? I am coming to Houston in Oct! My daughter is going to visit the University of Houston for grad school and she has twisted my arm (ha!) to come with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh!!!! I was just telling two friends about this book I'd heard about and thought I'd try to buy it if I didn't win it because it just really sounded helpful...Yippee!!! I've never been so excited about estrogen! :). I'll message you my addy! :). Thank you!!!
    ...Are m&m's part of the prescribed regimen
    in the book? Hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give me a bag of dark chocolate m&ms and I lose all sense of self control! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your girls sound so cute... all winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. M&Ms??? Did someone say M&Ms??? I just ate a bag myself. Bad, bad, bad. Thank you for choosing me. I am so excited to get it. It'll be like Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}