Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Bouquet of Friends...

from our annual friendship brunch!


Friends are God's way of taking care of us.

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too?  I thought I was the only one." ~C.S. Lewis


True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value.

No distance of place or lapse of time can lesson the friendship of those who are thoroughly  persuaded of each other's worth. ~Robert Southey

Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected. ~Charles Lamb


A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. ~Bernard Meltzer

Sometimes, it's hard to get everyone's schedule together, but we did it!

Happy 40th, Kristina!  We love you!!  And thank you for hosting, Karen.  You're the host-ess with the most-ess!  Everything was de-lish! You even made my Panara dish look divine in your fancy dish.  The only problem was that you put the leftovers back in the box to send home with me.


The girls and I shared some of it on the way home... and I may or may not have consumed half of what you see here before I decided throwing it in the trash would be the best choice for my hips.

See?  I have {some} self-control. ;)

 Hmmm... Would you rather be a hostess or an attendee??

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Me, I would rather be the hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I'd rather be the attendee...bringing something, of course! I get too stressed out when I'm hosting, and I realize that hostessing isn't my strong point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun. Love the quotes, too.

    And I love both. Is that an unfair answer? :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}