Saturday, December 4, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 49










After finding the 'real' Santa at Sea World and visiting all that San Antonio, TX had to offer, we hit the ground running here at home.  We picked up Jasmine from the dog sitter's home and dressed (down) for our Scrooge dress rehearsal and productions.



Do they look like street urchins?  This was their mini-Broadway debut.   







And an impressive debut indeed, yes?  See them sticking their tongues out (to Mr. Scrooge)?   I'm all about raising refined young ladies.  ;)
We met friends from our homeschool group at a tree farm.  We enjoyed a hay ride, bonfire, dressing scarecrows, decorating a 'real' tree (ha), jumping hay bales, 'sleding' down a dirt/hay hill, building a sand castle, and learning about trees.  More pictures to come soon! :)  Thank God for iPhone navigation!  My GPS decided not to work and this place was in the middle of nowhere!


Hubs was working late.  Unsure if we'd get any snow this year, I decided to take the girls to 'snow in the park'.   It's fake, but we'll take what we can get.  Maybe it will be enough to confuse the mosquitoes?  ;)




It's always a little more fun when you run into Santa's elves!


 And it came complete with a 'snow-hill', too.   One time and they were good.  ;)


This is what Gracie looks like on 'cloud 9'.   She l-o-v-e-s horses... almost as much as dance.


Wowzers.  What a fun-busy week!  


We've really enjoyed having our trees up for an entire month now, but I think hubs is working on the outdoor lights today.  Do you put out a lot of outdoor lights??  We've gone with the 'less is more' theme outdoors.   Although... I enjoy admiring our neighbor's hard work.  ;)

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

15 comments:

  1. Nator's legs look so long in her jeans!

    We LOVE Christmas lights - the tackier the better. However, we're not very energetic so we only have a few things outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of the girls standing together on the hay bale!

    Pretty little girls you have there, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun week!!!

    We used to put up lights outside, but since moving here and living on a hill...it is safer to keep my husband off a ladder!!! no more lights on the house. but we do have a lighted tree with presents on the porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You confused me with the snow picture...I was thinking hey, I didn't hear that in the news! :)

    Good for your girls getting their acting going. I think its great for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all have such a fun time with your girls!
    Our house is almost 50 years old, and, you know, they didn't put outside outlets on houses back then. We need to figure some way to get them out there; I miss having outside Christmas Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you guys definitely had a full week!

    We also go for a less-is-more approach with outside lights, although I'm sure that at the ages they are, our kids would prefer we went fantastically all out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can have some of our "real" snow -- I'd GLADLY share :)

    Don't you just love how December is crazy busy but crazy fun too?!

    I can't get my hubby to put up ANY outdoor lights. Not a big thing where we live now, but while we're in the U.S. I hope to drive around some evening and see the lights.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't ever get snow where we live so we either have to settle for snow in the park or drive a few hours to it. Either was the kids only like it for about 20 minutes and then they are done. I guess that's California kids for ya.

    My daughter is on cloud nine when on a horses back too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun week!

    As for outside lights, we usually keep it real simple. This year the weather went real bad, real early so we have no outside lights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That made so much more sense to me when reading that snow was fake. I was confused how you had snow and we didn't! Love the girls' performance. Looks like they're well on their way to Broadway! ;)

    As for our outdoor lights... hubs hangs them along the roof lines and puts them in the trees. I'd say it's pretty average. I'd rather drive around and enjoy everybody else's hard work too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun week! The thought that you still hav mosquitos is a little funny. We have a ton of REAL snow and 22 degree weather to go with it!
    I think you have some very good tongue-sticker-outers!! :)
    We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving. We have done outdoor lights in the past, but this year I don't think it will happen. I love looking at them too!
    Have a great week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still giggling at the snow park!! sorry... it is Cold and wet here... and we are supposed to have a record breaking year for snow... so the thought of fake snow made me laugh out loud!! hehe! Love your adventures! looks like our kinda fun!! yep... less is more is our speed too... we like to drive and see what everyone else can do... with their time and money... ha ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots MORE fun this week, huh?! That's great! Love the "Snow in the Park" idea. Wish they had had that sort of thing when I was a kid. We OFTEN didn't get snow where I lived. Here in Little Rock, we usually have at least ONE snow.

    We don't do any lights outside whatsoever. We've never been keen on the big inflatables and candy-cane-lined sidewalks, etc. Perhaps because starting out, we never had enough money for extravagances like that. And we just don't have time to do it. (And we also tend to be minimalistic.) But our kids have been asking this year why we don't decorate outside. :( I'm just proud I finally managed to make and hang some wreaths on the door last year!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}