Thursday, October 1, 2009

Because everyone needs a lil' love

First of all, I have to give props to Jackie.
{girl, you are a true bloggy friend!}
She helped me get an Extreme Makeover... Blog Edition!
If you are ever looking for someone to help you, she's your gal!

And because I want to share that warm feeling with you,
I wanted to give something away...

$10.00 gift card to Starbucks {because cold is around the corner}
AND {yes, there will be two prizes/winners here}
a $10.00 gift card to Smoothie King {because warm weather is still holdin' on around here}

{*Edit:  If you win, no worries... I will contact you to see which card you prefer.}

All you have to do is leave a comment and I'll put your name in to be drawn {next} Thursday.
It's a great opportunity to take a friend out for tea {or shake}, yes?
Because everyone needs a lil' love.



A-Nator hugs me and says, "Is there anything you need me to do for you, Mommy?"
With half a grin, I say, "If you'd like to clean the house, that would be wonderful."
"You know what I'm going to do?  When I get married, I'm going to marry a man with money and pay to have a maid for you.  {she hugs me again and continues}  I have the perfect family.  The perfect house.  The perfect Mommy and the perfect Daddy."

She's such a glass half full kinda gal.

Again, A-Nator says, "Mom, do you know who I love?"
Acting as if I don't know, I ask, "Who?"
"My family.  That's who I have a crush on.  It's like God's love for us.  It will never run out."
{big hug}

*sigh*

It's like I said,
Everyone needs a lil' love.

11 comments:

  1. What a sweetie!! The cold is totally here up in MI. We woke to 33 degrees!!!!!!! What happened to Fall? We went straight to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....that is soo sweet!! I want my babies to say nice things like that to me.....
    I hope I win the Starbucks gc...I've never heard of Smoothie King :) Sounds yummy though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post...and I was thinking this morning how I have a crush on my 15 year old daughter (a blog post formulating in my head as I drove into work). So, it was great to pop over here and read that your daughter has a crush on her family! I love it!
    And...it IS October 1, but where I am (in North TX) it is a little muggy. High today 86. BUT...Starbucks does sell ICED coffee! :)
    Smoothie King...always good. I think you might be in TX too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet girl!

    Your blog looks amazing! Jackie is so wonderful, isn't she? She did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWWWWWWW, I'll all teary-eyed reading those sweet words!! You have quite a special girl.

    Jackie rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet A-Nator! She is absolutely inspiring with her glass-half-full attitude - I need to be more like that. Having a crush on your family - it just doesn't get ANY better than that.

    SO much fun working with you - loved every second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie did an awesome job....as usual. That girl is so talented!!!

    and this post was very sweet....you're right...we all need a little love. got mine today from your sweet email! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your new blog look! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss you guys soooo very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and look forward to reading more. Your girls sound very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet girl!

    i love the new look...love jackie too.

    hmm...well depending on the crazy texas weather...i'm not sure which i'd pick, but please enter me.

    thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}