Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas on the Bayou

Before my dearest bloggy friends sent out troops to look for me,
I thought I better post an update on our Christmas weekend
'down the bayou'.

Our first stop was...
Granny's house!



The whole bunch was there {almost}, so a group shot was priority.



Gift giving {and receiving} is always fun.
It  always starts youngest to oldest... a tradition.
I was first.
Did you just giggle?

Gracie was excited to receive a new 'school' calendar...
as well as: American Girl books, scarf, horse, etc.

 
As you can see from Nator's expression,
she was just thrilled to receive books!
"Books!  And not just any books... books that I wanted!"
{priceless}
Sisters in Time series to be exact...
Equally as exciting were: American Girl books, scarf, remote control car, etc.

I also need to share a pecan pie recipe with you
my mother-n-law made.
It was yummy!
It was Paula Deen.
So get your 2 sticks of butter ready soon!
{no joke}

Next stop...
My mom and step-dad's.



Movies, Webkinz and...
Snuggies!!!
The blanket with sleeves.
If you didn't get one for Christmas, it's okay...
simply turn your robe around. ;)

 
DK thought he'd be cute {just for the record, he is}
by snapping a pic of me and myself.
{I was absent.  Sorry, couldn't resist.}
The pic in the background is one of my senior portraits.
I think perms have been outlawed since then.
 

Next stop...
My brother, sis-n-law and 2 beautiful niece's home.
We're a serious bunch... 
 

Not.
 

It's hard to believe how much my lil' niece has grown.
We don't get to visit with them nearly enough.

 
Before we leave, Nator had to be sure to wear her
Thanksgiving t-shirt.

 


6 comments:

  1. We love those snuggies over here too! The Sisters in Time series looks super cool, we may have to check that out

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids got suggies over here also. They were super excited. I'm glad you mentioned that senior picture. I noticed it in an earlier pic and was chuckling a bit. :) Glad you had a great time. Merry CHRISTmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is a lot of Christmas cheer! Wonderful!!!

    Merry Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowza :) Looks like tons of fun!
    I tried Pecan Pie for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I really liked it.........it's like Paula Deen says 'I'm your cook, not your doctor, honey' :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The senior portrait ... nice. It had already caught my eye in the previous picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so pretty! (now AND with the perm!) Those Snuggies look so cozy...I could use one right now...it's COLD!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading what you have to say... It makes my day! ;)

{If you have a question, I will do my best to respond here, on your site, or via email.}